Espresso Parts truly believes in the power of the Triple Bottom Line; People, Planet, and Profit! Over the past few years we’ve taken great steps to improve the overall health of our company and the people that make Espresso Parts great! We’ve been fortunate to offer a very robust employment package to our Espresso Parts Family, which includes; Full Medical Coverage; Full Dental Coverage; Full Vision Coverage; Full AD&D Coverage; Extensive Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays; Living Wages; Bus Passes; and Product Discounts. While we are proud to offer this coverage we need to do more. We must ensure a healthy Planet for our employees and families to thrive for generations to come!
Espresso Parts is directly responsible for creating approximately 150 Tons of CO2 annually! This estimate includes the following emission sources; Office Emissions and Office Paper; Fleet Vehicle and Employee Commuter Vehicle Emissions; Business Travel and Hotel Emissions; Inbound Shipping Emissions; Outbound Shipping and Packaging Material Emissions.
Starting this year we are excited to announce the great steps we will be taking to help reduce and offset our carbon footprint! We are improving the following practices and supporting these projects which are designed to help enhance energy efficiency and restore natural habitats in our community;
- Espresso Parts now buys Green Power. Through Puget Sound Energy we buy electricity from independent clean-energy producers right here in our region. These businesses generate electricity from wind, sun, biogas and other renewable sources.
- We support Solar Roadways . No more power outages, ever. No more need to burn coal (50% of greenhouse gases). Less need for fossil fuels and less dependency upon foreign oil. Much less pollution. Long term advantage: an electric road allows all-electric vehicles to recharge anywhere: rest stops, parking lots, etc. They would then have the same range as a gasoline-powered vehicle. Internal combustion engines would become obsolete. Our dependency on oil would come to an abrupt end.
- We support New Energy Cities, which partners with small- and medium-sized communities to achieve significant greenhouse gas reductions by 2030. By working with communities to set and attain quantifiable carbon reduction targets for buildings, transportation, waste management, and carbon storage, we are catalyzing replicable models of city-led clean energy innovation.
- We support The Northwest Biocarbon Initiative, which elevates the essential role that natural systems play in reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere. By galvanizing the region’s emerging biocarbon community to develop strategies that increase natural carbon capture and build a vibrant restoration economy, we are positioning the Northwest as the nation’s leading incubator for bio-carbon solutions.
This is our effort to ensure a happy healthy future for the Planet and our people! We encourage you, our suppliers, customers, industry colleagues, and friends to reduce your impact or help offset what you cannot reduce through local and regional organizations like; http://www.climatesolutions.org/
- Annually we recycle approximately 40,000 lbs of corrugated cardboard, 9,400 lbs of co-mingled recyclables (office paper, plastic bottles, and metal cans) and 1,000 lbs of various scrap metals.
- Luckily, even our trash goes to a Green facility! Roosevelt Regional Landfill is a state-of-the-art operation. Each year, Roosevelt creates enough energy to power more than 20,000 homes by capturing and converting methane gas from garbage to electricity.
- Over 50% of our staff avoid single occupancy commuting. We have 3 regular bicycle commuters, 2 regular transit riders, 6 regular carpool commuters!
- All Espresso Parts shipping materials are recyclable, reusable, or compostable. Plus we offset the carbon it takes to ship your order! No joke!
As always, thank you for your support and continued patronage! Cheers to our continued success in creating an environment that supports healthy People, Planet, and Profit!
~Espresso Parts Family
We had such a great #TNTNW at Dillanos last week! They really know how to throw a party. Did I mention it’s also their 22nd anniversary this year? The event took place at their newly jazzed up HQ in Sumner, WA. Our judges for the evening were: Bryan Reynolds Anthem Coffee, David Morris CEO of Dillano’s, and our U.S. Barista Champion Laila Ghambari of Cherry Street Coffee.
There were a couple of fun extra activities for the night too. The Director of Coffee Phil Beattie led a coffee/beer blending lab with Don & Janet of Naked City Brewery. Attendees were able to make their own coffee beer by mixing beer with three different cold brews. Dillanos and Naked City worked on a coffee IPA a while back called Sudden Impact that I hear was mighty tasty and also the inspiration for this fun session. Roast Master Bjorn was on deck to give two tours of the roasting facility. Ohh, and we had a nacho bar too!
Everyone poured their hearts…and tulips out! But of course we could only have three winners at the end of the night!
The top three baristas:
Our next #TNTNW is July 25th at Espresso Parts. We will be throwing another parking lot party to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of TNTNW. There will be live music, beer & cocktails, latte art, and food. Check our Facebook page this week for more details.
Espresso Parts and Whole Foods are a match made in heaven! Our Custom Shop completed the sixth La Marzocco Strada for the natural & organic food retailer to be featured at their newest store in Houston, Texas. We added black walnut trim, replaced the metal back with custom etched glass slats, and swapped the side panels out for laser engraved acrylic panels that were done in-house. We didn’t stop there! Check out those powder coated sides and steam boiler! If you find yourself in Houston make sure to visit and order a tasty shot off this beautiful machine.
Whole Foods celebrates each of their new store openings with a bread breaking ceremony and by giving back 1% of their sales to local organizations. Below are the the local beneficiaries!
We’re honored to contribute to another amazing WFM store!
Interested in your own Custom Shop machine or accessory? Our customer service representatives are here to help! Send your inquiry to email@example.com or call 1-800-459-5594 to get an estimate started.
Olympia’s very own Batdorf & Bronson opened their doors for May’s #TNTNW. The house was packed and we had a couple of coffee stars in the house too! U.S. Barista Champion Laila Ghambari took time out of her hectic schedule to judge the night’s pours and Amanda Juris who placed second at the World Cup Tasters Championship threw down.
To mix things up we had Competitors draw from 4 cards to determine what they were to pour: 1) Macc, capp, 12 oz latte, dirty chai, hot chocolate, 2) Paper cup, 3) Milk; Fat Free, whole, Pacific Almond, and 4) Design (Monk’s Head, Heart, Rosetta, tulip, etc.)! Things got crazy and we ended up doing some “hand” pours which you can see on out Instagram. Our next event is June 26th at Dillano’s in Sumner, WA.
The top three for the night:
***Update: In an effort to make sure #TNTNW is getting the most exposure possible we are going to consolidate the #TNTNW blog and twitter. From now on all #TNTNW news will be published on the EP Facebook page, expressoparts.com Wordpress blog, and @EspressoParts_ Twitter. With over 20,000 followers on those outlets we feel that this is the best thing to do to push #TNTNW to the next level.
Behold! The latest Espresso Parts Custom Shop grinder was inspired by the classic designs of Faema. Nashville’s Harpeth Coffee has two beautiful Faema espresso machines; the first is a restored “President” from the 50′s and the second a new production E61 “Legend“. Working with Harpeth we were able to design this classic Robur E with matching custom paint job. Paired with the back panels of the Faema machines we think this set up will look super dreamy. Be sure to visit Harpeth Coffee to see these machines in all their glory!
- Custom Paint & Design
- Matching custom compressore tamp
The 2014 Specialty Coffee Event and US Coffee Championships wrapped up last weekend and we still haven’t recovered! We had a bit too much fun exhibiting in our own backyard and representing the Pacific Northwest! Thanks to everyone that stopped in to visit our booth and grab an espresso from one of our amazing guest baristas! We were lucky to round up such a great group of coffee professionals to sling spro on our customized GS2/GB5 hybrid machine!
The Espresso Parts Custom GS2/GB5 hybrid features;
- Custom designed and fabricated in the Espresso Parts Custom Shop
- Restored and modified La Marzocco GS2, manufactured in 1981 – ’82
- New style welded neck brew boiler, powder coated matte black with new style MP group assemblies
- PID controlled brew boiler heating element replacing the original mechanical thermostat
- GB5 steam valves and wands with Sproline Vortex and Foam Knife tips
- Handmade solid teak side panels and matching portafilter handles with custom engraving
- Matte gray and pearled cream powder coated body panels. Two layer back panel with pearled cream base and high gloss black honey comb punched pattern layer.
- Custom chrome tall legs, custom made plumbing and wiring harness