It’s time to take a trip to the farm! Tractors and antique farm equipment served as the inspiration for our latest EP Custom Shop machine for The Grounds of Alexandria. From the custom hand patinaed louvers to the shifter knob steam wands this Synesso Cyncra appears to have been created for hours of work in the field but it was made for hours of work on the counter! This is the 4th piece of equipment we have customized for The Grounds since the opening of their complex in 2012. Their facility has grown to now include the following spaces; Cafe Roastery, Coffee Academy, Bakery / Patisserie, The Garden and The Potting Shed.
EP Custom Shop Build #48, Feb. 2015
- 2 layer powder coat that we hand patinaed
- Tractor gear shift steam levers
- Patinaed brass accents
- Accent lighting
- Powder coated steam boiler
- Custom fabricated body panels with grills and louvers
- Hand painted pin stripping, logo and artwork by our very talented friends and partners at Forever Powder Coating
It’s always a pleasure to work with Jack Hanna and the crew at The Grounds and we look forward to seeing them grow and prosper more in the future.
For customization questions connect with our customer service representatives! Send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-459-5594 to get an estimate started.
Espresso Parts is incredibly excited for this weekend! Not only do we have two booths at SCAA but we are also Bronze sponsors of the World Barista Championship and the official porcelain sponsor of the WBC. There’s a lot going on so we’re going to get you up to speed with all things EP SCAA2015 with this post!
Wholesale and Custom Shop Main Booth #10034
- ON DISPLAY & FOR SALE AT THE SHOW; Vintage EP Custom Shop GS/GB5
- NOW AVAILABLE AT ESPRESSO PARTS; Synesso Hand Built Espresso Machines.
- ON DISPLAY & FOR SALE AT THE SHOW; Custom Shop Synesso Hydra!
- NEW FEATURED ITEM; Barista Basics Pitchers by Espresso Parts! Basically the best!
- NEW FEATURED ITEM; Yama Silverton Brewer with Copper accents!
- NEW FEATURED ITEM; RETRO Porcelain Collection coming soon!
- EP POP-UP SHOP #20005; Ask and you shall receive! Check out and purchase some of our most popular products at EP Pop-Up shop during SCAA. Make sure to leave some room in your luggage!
- Elevated Coffee Experience: Friday & Saturday; Espresso Parts and Trichome are joining forces to bring you the two night must attend event for the Specialty Coffee Association of America Event weekend. We’re pairing two of Washington’s favorite things; coffee & cannabis, for a one of a kind Elevated experience (21+ SCAA Attendees Only). Read the full details and RSVP here.
- World Barista Competition; The World Barista Championship is taking place this weekend! We’re getting all fan-boy over here and can’t wait to meet the baristas in town from far and wide! Supporting the local and global coffee barista community is extremely important to us so we are once again going to sponsor the WBC at the Bronze level!!! Espresso Parts is also the official porcelain sponsor of the event too! Click the image below for the full WBC schedule.
SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!
Practice makes perfect but you also need the right tools for the job. Espresso Parts brings you Barista Basics; Our line of high quality and affordable Barista supplies.
Espresso Parts’ Barista Basics steaming pitchers were designed with quality in mind. Unmatched by any other pitcher on the market, they are made of 18/8 food grade stainless steel with a 1.3mm thickness that helps ensure temperature stability. The large handle is double reinforced to offer both proper ergonomics and durability (we literally played soccer with our pitchers during the R&D process).
We remembered the latte artists out there too! All Barista Basics pitchers feature a precision pour spout for advanced latte art. Milk flow is easier to control and you’ll see better definition. You’re going to pour the best rosettas, tulips, and swans!
It’s time for our first Brewing with EP; Tea edition! Meet the Yama Glass Sitka brewing pot. Yama Glass is known far and wide as a leader in glass manufacturing. Not only do they produce amazing glass coffee brewers but they also create an array of tea brewers, pots, and cups. The Sitka teapot is simple and sleek. The teapot is hand blown from borosilicate glass and the filter lid is made of stainless steel. Any tea will shine in this brewer. Our good friend Ben Jones from Ristretto Roasters recently took the teapot for a spin and had this to say “The mesh screen is small enough to hold back rooibos particles without clogging. Be sure, however, that you have ample cups or a decanter ready because there is no way to halt steep. I’d use these in my cafe.” The Yama Glass Sitka teapot comes in two sizes and is eligible for wholesale pricing.
- Bring cold filtered water to a boil
- Remove stainless steel filter lid
- Pre-heat your vessel with hot water and
- Add desired amount of tea. This will vary by type of tea used and how strong you like it.
- Pour hot water over tea-leaves until the desired amount of water is used. Temperature of water varies depending on the type of tea or herbs used.
- Replace filter lid
- Allow leaves to steep or flower
- Decant brewed tea to stop infusion
Espresso Parts and Trichome are joining forces to bring you the two night must attend event for the Specialty Coffee Association of America Event weekend. We’re pairing two of Washington’s favorite things; coffee & cannabis, for a one of a kind Elevated experience (21+ SCAA Attendees Only).
Join us at Trichome Seattle’s International District location Friday night (4/10) for Elevated Espresso. Local Seattle roaster Anchorhead Coffee will be serving two elevated options; espresso & cannabis oil /and/ espresso, milk, & cannabis oil (macchiato style). Be ready for an espresso experience like you’ve never had before.
On Saturday night (4/11) our expert baristas will be serving a cannabis infused pour over coffee. Once again the fine folks from Anchorhead Coffee are providing the beans. You’re in for a cup of coffee like you’ve never had before. The beautiful nuances of the coffee will be elevated by the aroma and flavor of our Washington made cannabis oil. Let us elevate your coffee experience to a whole new level.
We like to have fun and make a difference!!! Elevated Coffee is FREE to attend but a minimum $5 donation is suggested. All proceeds will be donated to the Puget Soundkeeper Alliance a Seattle organization that has an immediate impact on reducing trash on beaches, toxic heavy metals, and bacteria on shellfish beds. They are working to save salmon runs, working to reduce coal dust and cleaning up the Puget Sound, one pipe at a time.
Trichome reflects a modern perspective on cannabis use and culture. Their product is influenced by materials, function and intriguing aesthetics. Make sure to check out their amazing retail offerings while you’re enjoying your Elevated Espresso.
//Disclaimer//21 AND OVER SCAA ATTENDEES ONLY/First come first served/Espresso Parts does not promote, condone or advocate illicit drug use. You are responsible to familiarize yourself and comply with the laws of Washington State Initiative 502. Be smart and do not drive under the influence.
Last week the Portland coffee community came out in full effect for #TNTNW! Techs, baristas, roasters, owners, and a bunch of really awesome folks showed up to pour their hearts out. We gathered at Ristertto’s gorgeous Nicolai location. The cafe is situated in the historic Schoolhouse Electric Building formerly the Pacific Hardware and Steel building. Through the years the space has been home to a steel mill, wool mill and now Schoolhouse Electric & Ristretto! The feel and look of the cafe reflect the industrious past of the building.
As usual there was plenty of beer, latte art, and good times. Huge props to Ristretto and their baristas for opening their doors to a bunch of crazy coffee folks. If any of you want a re-match then join us at Rust Coffee Lounge this month 3/26 for #TNTNW!
Copper is the new black! Hario the “King of Glass” took their classic Buono kettle and V60 Dripper gave them a makeover! The kettle features an upgraded elegant brass handle and wooden knob for the lid. The dripper also boasts new copper accents and a stylish handle. Sure they look great on their own but they look even better when used together.
- Place a Hario 02 filter into the V60
- Preheat & rinse paper filter with hot water. Dispose of rinse water.
- Grind them beans. We use a 1:18 ratio when brewing. That’s 1 gram of coffee to 18 grams of water.
- Add fresh ground coffee to your filter.
- Pour a small amount of your brewing water (50-75 grams) to the coffee and allow to bloom. Blooming can take anywhere between 30-45 seconds depending on freshness of coffee.
- Grab your handy dandy Yama gooseneck kettle and pour the remainder of your brewing water onto the coffee bed from the inside out in a circular motion. Make sure to keep a consistent pour and don’t allow any of the grounds to dry out.
- The full brew should take 3-4 minutes depending on grind setting, coffee freshness, and roast level.